ALIS Award Winners Unveiled
InterContinental in LA, Moxy Times Square top developments
The Americas Lodging Investment Summit (ALIS) has named the 2017 winners of the ALIS awards, which honor the most influential hotel industry developments and deals for the year.
The winners are:
- Development of the Year (Full Service): the InterContinental Downtown Los Angeles. The 889-room hotel was developed by Hanjin Intl. Corp./Korean Air and is managed by InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG). (This property was also part of the 2017 BDwest Design Tour.)
- Development of the Year Select/Limited Service: the Moxy Times Square, New York. The 612-room hotel was developed by a partnership between Lightstone and Marriott Intl. for $350 million and is managed by Magna Hospitality Group. (Moxy Times Square was also part of the 2017 BDNY Design Tour and was profiled in the November 2017 issue of Boutique Design.)
Single Asset Transaction of the Year ($25 million and under): The Stiles Hotel in Miami Beach, Florida. Blue Road purchased the 57-room boutique hotel from Carlyle Group for $17.5 million.
- Single Asset Transaction of the Year (Over $25 million): The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara, in Goleta, California. A joint venture between Carey Watermark Investors Inc. and Carey Watermark Investors 2 Inc. (collectively “CWI”) acquired the 358-room The Bacara Resort & Spa (converted to The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara) from Pacific Hospitality Group for $380 million.
- Merger & Acquisition of the Year: RLJ Lodging Trust acquiring FelCor Lodging Trust in an all-stock transaction valued at about $2.7 billion.
- Jack A. Shaffer Financial Advisor of the Year 2017 was Daniel Peek Sr., managing director, head of the Global Hospitality Group, HFF.
The winners were announced on the final day of the ALIS conference, which ran Jan. 22-24 at the JW Marriott and Microsoft Theater at L.A. LIVE in downtown Los Angeles.