New York will lead the U.S. in new hotel openings this year, according to the latest Construction Pipeline Trend Report from Lodging Econometrics (LE). The consulting firm identifies the following five markets as the nation’s most active in 2017:
- New York: 64 hotels/8,384 rooms
- Dallas: 43 hotels/4,754 rooms
- Houston: 33 hotels/3,312 rooms
- Austin, Texas: 22 hotels/3,380 rooms
- Denver: 22 hotels/2,740 rooms
The busiest hotel market in the country is also home to Boutique Design’s annual Boutique Design New York trade fair/conference.
Nationwide, LE says 1,111 hotels/120,372 rooms are forecast to open in the U.S. this year, up from 842 hotels/98,990 rooms in 2016.