The Interior Design Confederation Singapore (IDCS) has announced a call for entries as well as the jury panel for the sixth annual Design Excellence Awards (DEA). The 2018/2019 DEA awards–which recognize and reward interior design excellence, innovation and talent throughout Singapore, Asia Pacific and the world–will be announced at the award gala dinner on Monday, March 25 at the Grand Copthorne Waterfront in Singapore.
The competition’s latest iteration will recognize outstanding achievements in numerous categories across two tracks: The Interior Design Excellence Awards (IDEA) for completed built projects by industry practitioners and the Spatial Design Awards (SPADE) for completed academic projects by design students.
Entries will be accepted through Feb. 28 for projects that were completed between June 2016 and June 2018. Submission details and a complete list of categories can be found at www.IDCS.sg/DEA.
Additionally, this year’s jury panel, including renowned designer Anouska Hempel, was announced. The panel will select the best in class in the commercial, residential, hospitality, public and exhibition categories. For 2018/2019, four new awards have been introduced: IDEA Designer of the Year, IDEA Colour Award, Best Kitchen Design and Best Bathroom Design.
The jury panel for the IDEA Professional Categories:
• Cameron Woo, founder of Cameron Woo Design and president of IDCS 2018-2019
• Anouska Hempel, founder of Anouska Hempel
• William Chan, founder and chief designer of Spacedge Designs
• Peter Tay, founder of Peter Tay Studio
• Lea Aziz, president of Indonesian Society of Interior Designers
• Duong Ho, vice president of Vietnam Design Association
• Alicia Asri, sales manager of Villeroy & Boch (guest judge for Best Bathroom category)
• Young Lim, editor of Home & Decor Singapore (guest judge for Designer of the Year category)
The jury panel for the SPADE Student Categories:
• Perry Ng, course manager, Architecture & Space Design at the Institute of Technical Education and treasurer of IDCS 2018-2019
• Jawn Lim, assistant professor, Singapore Institute of Technology
• Siak Koon Goh, founder of Live Well Collaborative – Singapore
IDCS is an association of professional interior designers founded to support creativity and to benchmark and elevate standards in the field of interior design. The organization facilitates best practices and provides members with a Professional Development Programme (PDP), which includes seminars, workshops, networking events, study tours and more.
Photo of National Kitchen by Laank, winner of Emerging ID Firm of the Year 2017: Courtesy of Laank