Hyatt announced a Global Care & Cleanliness Commitment to further enhance its operational guidance and resources around colleague and guest safety and peace of mind. The commitment will include an accreditation process by the Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) at all hotels around the world, colleague training and support resources, and a cross-functional working group of medical experts and industry professionals that will contribute to various aspects of the hotel experience.
In addition to the global cleanliness accreditation and sanitization specialists at the hotel level, the program will include:
- colleague certification, trainings and recertification process for hygiene and cleanliness;
- increased frequency of cleaning with hospital-grade disinfectants on all high-touch surfaces, guestrooms, and shared spaces;
- implementation of enhanced food safety and hygiene protocols for restaurants, room service and group meetings and events;
- prominently placed hand sanitizer stations throughout hotel public and employee areas and entrances;
- exploring purification and sanitization device installation in an effort to ensure enhanced air quality;
- protective masks and other equipment for hotel colleagues; and
- social distancing guidance in public areas across hotel properties.
Photo of Hyatt Regency St. Louis at the Arch: Courtesy of Christopher Taber