Tampa-based Mainsail Lodging & Development’s Fenway Hotel, an Autograph Collection, is rebuilt from the original property that opened in 1927. The building is considered to be one of the most historically valuable structures in Dunedin, Florida, and was also home to the first radio station in Pinellas County, which began broadcasting from the roof of the Fenway in 1925. Orlando, Florida-based L2 Studios Inc. led the property’s recent redesign.
Now, the newly revamped hotel offers 83 guestrooms, the HEW Parlor & Chophouse, the Hi-Fi Rooftop Bar overlooking St. Joseph Sound, a total of 10,000 sq. ft. of indoor and outdoor event space, a resort-style pool and a large front lawn used for activities and events. About $11 million was put into renovations after the Taoist Tai Chi Society of the United States of America bought the site for $2.8 million in 2014.
Fenway Hotel has also formed a partnership with the Dunedin History Museum. To support the museum’s ongoing mission, the hotel will feature a rotating collection of artifacts in the lobby, host special tours and participate in other programming throughout the year.
Photo: Courtesy of Mainsail Lodging & Development