The NEWH Executive Committee for the 2018- 2019 term has been set, according to Shelia Lohmiller, executive director of the nonprofit hospitality industry network.
The newly seated executive committee consists of:
- President – Cynthia Guthrie, founder, Guthrie & Associates
- Vice president/finance – Fernando Diaz, founder, Fernando Diaz & Associates
- Vice president/scholarship – Brittany Johnson, senior associate, the Cuningham Group
- Vice president/education – Christine Wasmer, principal, Wasmer Contract Group
- Vice president/development – Leigh Mitchell, associate, Mitch Zerg & Associates
- Vice president/IR-Canada – Christine Tucker, principal, Tucker & Associates
- Vice president/IR-United Kingdom – Jonathan Young, sales director, Axminster Carpets Ltd.
- Past president/parliamentarian – Trisha Poole, president, Design Poole
- Executive advisor – Julia Marks, chief visionary officer, Picture Source Somerset
- Executive director – Shelia Lohmiller
The executive committee sets the strategies and long-term goals for the organization, as well as oversees the fundraising efforts for the NEWH scholarship and educational programs. That oversight includes 18 NEWH chapters and nine regional groups in the U.S. and abroad.
NEWH provides scholarships, education, leadership development, professional recognition of excellence and business development opportunities. Since 1981, NEWH scholarship candidates pursuing hospitality careers in design, culinary arts and hotel management have been the beneficiaries of nearly $5.2 million in scholarships made possible through volunteer fund-raising initiatives at the local, national and international levels.