Twenty-two products for hospitality interiors and 10 trade fair exhibits were honored in competitions at this year’s BDwest, April 4-5 at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
The annual Best of BDwest Product Design recognizes designers and manufacturers of products that demonstrate functional and aesthetic progress, as well as innovation in their respective categories. Winners and finalists were selected by a jury of three design professionals; they were:
- Marcie DeLaRosa, owner, DeLaRosa Studio Inc.
- Gordana Jordanovska, founder, Studio GOGA
- Nicole Smith, associate, ForrestPerkins
The winner for Best of Show was MBRACE (shown) by DEDON. For a full list of winners and finalists in each category, please visit BoutiqueDesignWest.com.
A separate panel of judges awarded honors for Best Exhibit at the trade fair. Displays were selected based on creativity in design, visual impact, effective and efficient use of materials and an outstanding use of space, color, texture, lighting and graphics.
Judges for that competition were:
- Alexandra Bruemmer, design director, West Coast, DesignAgency
- Melissa Knock, project manager, FesPar Enterprises
- Alex Kuby, senior project designer, Hirsch Bedner Associates (HBA)
- Chris Williams, studio director, associate, EDG Interior Architecture and Design.
Winners and finalists for Best Exhibit were:
More on these winners and finalists is posted on BoutiqueDesignWest.com. In addition, the honorees in both competitions will be featured in the June edition of Boutique Design magazine.